The LANAP protocol is a laser-based treatment to regenerate the bone and tissue lost to gum disease. There is no cutting and suturing involved and the protocol is generally less invasive than traditional surgery. Patients typically report less pain and discomfort during and after the procedure. This patient friendly procedure helps you get healthy again comfortably.
The LANAP protocol is a patented periodontal treatment, cleared by the FDA in 2004. The procedure can only be done with the PerioLase® MVP-7; this laser operates at a specific wavelength that attacks the bacteria that contributes to gum disease while leaving healthy tissue intact. Post-surgical recession and tooth sensitivity are also greatly reduced.
- Faster Healing: LANAP® treatment is minimally invasive and allows the body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less Discomfort: Patients report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- No Cut, No Sew, No Fear: The LANAP protocol uses laser light energy to eliminate the bacteria that cause gum disease, and help your mouth recover faster
- Minimal Recovery Time: Most patients can immediately return to their daily routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession: Because the procedure doesn’t require cutting the gums, there is less risk of recession, and your beautiful smile is maintained.
- Reduction in Gum Inflammation and Bleeding: The PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria without injuring healthy tissue.
- Saves Teeth: Patients can keep their natural teeth sometimes even when the teeth have been deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments. Keeping your natural teeth has been linked to a longer lifespan!
- Safe for patients with Health Concerns: LANAP® protocol is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
An animation video for the LANAP protocol can be found by clicking here: LANAP Animation.
In the event the infection is affecting an implant, the LAPIP protocol is a minimally invasive approach to treating ailing and failing dental implants. LAPIP Treatment can help protect your Implant investment.
• Stop progression of peri-implant disease
• Destroy bacteria causing inflammation
• Save healthy gum tissues
• Encourage new bone growth around dental implants